Monday, November 22, 2010

Tips on Keyword Optimization

1.      Google penalizes sites that stuff keywords, not because of promoting immortality device like that of Alex Chiu. Don’t obviously stuff your posts with SEO keywords make it look as natural. There are natural ways to make them appear into your post. Use this knowledge only for good, never for evil.

2.      Use the words that users are typing in the search engine boxes in your blog posts. For example, type in lol cats in Google’s free Keyword Tool and it will show you synonyms for lol cats, like cat pictures, L.O.L, funny pics cats, funny pictures cats and LOL kittens.

3.      Use also the plural forms, not just singular.

4.      Don’t use common keyword misspellings, leave it to your readers in a very natural way. There are people who don’t care about the correct spelling of the words they type.

5.      Use categories that are good keywords like gadgets, hacks, how-to weblog, blog. This promotes usability and search engine optimization as well. But, don’t use irrelevant categories as it will not only harm usability but also your Google standing.

6.      Google don’t rely as much on meta description tag as they’re not seen by the users. Instead, it gives more weight on categories, sidebars, navigation menus on the side, the whole content of the page.

7.      It is advisable to use the keywords somewhere in the post.

8.      Do not repeat the same keywords within a line but you may use slight keyword variants or synonyms. Do not alter the content you send to googlebot. It’s cloaking and you will be kicked out of the Google index for a long long time. Write with the users and search engines in mind

6 comments:

  1. I read this steps. This works good for the SEO. I strongly recomend them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A single point I just would like to say is the fact your Blog is so valuable for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just
    think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I also love the images you put in here.
    They fit so well with what you're trying to say. I'm sure you'll reach so many people.
    What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just
    think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I also love the images you put in here.
    They fit so well with what you're trying to say. I'm sure you'll reach so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing such informative post..

    ReplyDelete